- Marketing Research MKTG 430 with Dr. Ella Carter
Emphasis will be placed on issues of validity, reliability, problem identification, research design, communication methods, data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data applied to the solution of marketing problems.
- Psychology Research Guide
The purpose of this guide is to assist Bowie students in researching and formating papers for psychology courses. The goal is to provide research guidance to any student taking a psychology course and also to provide resources to psychology majors as they strive to achieve their learning outcomes.
- Where can I find Full-Text E-Journals in Research Port for International Business
This LibGuide offers lists of full-text e-journals that are in Research Port databases. These lists show you the best places to find articles on International Business.
Created by Monica Luciano in collaboration with Dr. Falih Alsaaty.
- New Jim Crow Project : Integrative Learning Community of the Scholar's Studio
This research guide provides tutorials, resource lists, tips and links for students doing research in the fields of sociology, psychology, and the interdisciplinary topic of mass incarceration.
- How to Cite Using APA Style Manual 6th rev. Edition
APA Style is one of publication manual organized by the American Psychologial Association since 1929. The latest edition is sixth edition published in 2009. APA style is used in mainly social science, behavioral science, and communication field.
- Where can I find information on MLA format?
MLA format is an editorial style developed by the Modern Language Association. It is primarily used by students and scholars in Humanities fields (Literature, Languages, Philosophy ect...).
- Guide to Plagiarism and How to Avoid It.
The process of synthesis in academic writing is part of becoming a scholar. You are reading and learning from the scholars who have shaped your chosen discipline. By properly citing the words and ideas of experts in your paper, you are bolstering and supporting your own arguments, and developing the skills of a scholar. Plagiarism negates all of this.
- Writing a Literature Review
Resources and tips to help you write an academic Literature Review.
- RESEARCH PROCESS - HOW TO, WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO
Research is not three easy steps. It requires identifying, choosing, analyzing, and evaluating many sources of information. This libguide will explain how to do research.
- Finding Sources of Information at Thurgood Marshall Library
This guide has tutorials on Research Port, CatalogUSMAI, and WorldCat Local. It has a tutorial on keyword searching. It covers the research process and gives lots of information about finding sources of information.
- Identifying Academic Writing
One of the most important and useful skills you can have as you begin your college studies is the ability to read and understand many different types of academic or scholarly writing.
- Where can I find Subject Guides for Electronic Resources
This subject guides listed in this libguide offer a wide range of electronic resources that are available for free through the Internet.
- Information Literacy Standards Review
The standards in this libguide were reviewed by the ACRL Standards Committee and approved by the Board of Directors of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). This libguide was created for the Freshman Seminar Committee, but is intended for use by anyone that wants to learn more about Information Literacy.
- The Curriculum Laboratory
Instructional materials available for review that support preK-12 teacher education and professional development. The Curriculum Laboratory collection supports and primarily the College of Education students with emphasis on pre-service/in-service teachers, faculty, staff and University campus, as well as educational professionals and individuals interested in curriculum related materials.
- Where can I find library resources on Military Science?
Subject Liaisons LTC Timothy Blackwell and Monica Luciano
- Where can I find library resources on Sport Management?
Subject Liaisons Dr. Clarence Stewart and Monica Luciano
- Where can I find information about the Liaison Program?
The Faculty-Library Liaison Program LibGuide provides information about the program, including a list of subject specialists and their specific responsibilities for different parts of the collections. This LibGuide will aid the process of communication and consultation between faculty and librarians. Created by Monica Luciano
- Where can I find lists of Research Port Full-text Databases for Information Systems Research?
This LibGuide offers lists of full-text e-journals that are in six of the Research Port databases. These lists show you the best places to find articles on Information Systems.
Created by Monica Luciano in collaboration with Dr. Azene Zenebe
- Using Call Numbers in the Library
The Thurgood Marshall Library uses the Library of Congress Classification System to organize their materials. This guide will show you how to use that system to find materials in the library.
- Where can I find information about Archives & Special Collections at Thurgood Marshall Library?
Home to the historical records of Bowie State University, including publications and photographs. Here you'll also find Special Collections materials such as manuscript collections, records of local organizations, vertical files, and ephemera.
- Where can I find information for English 758 Seminar in African Literature
The Seminar in African Literature is designed to provide students with a specific and global view of the diversity of literatures from the African continent. This libguide is a supplement to the course taught by Dr. Sidney Walker.
- Empirical, Scholarly, and Peer-Reviewed Articles
SCHOLARLY ARTICLE Definition: Also known as peer-reviewed or refereed periodicals, scholarly journals publish original research and commentary on current developments within a specific discipline. To learn more follow this link.
- Full-Text E-Journals in Research Port for International Business
There are several databases in Research Port that contain full-text e-journals on the subject of International Business.
Find out which ones they are in this libguide.